RSS

Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival 2010 Wrap Up

Photobucket

Even though they added a few days this year, the Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival always goes by so quickly! There were many great films this year, and I loved that there was not one but two martial arts films (Ip Man 2 & Gallants), and there were tons of sweet and beautiful along with wonderful explorations and heartbreaking moments. But there was one that truly captivated me from start to finish and that was the short Peggy Baker: Four Phases, which was by far the best film I saw at the festival this year. Absolutely breathtaking. Even though that is the one that stole my heart, there were many films that were wonderful that I'd like to give credit where it is due. So here are my faves and final thoughts on this years festival.

Best Features: Eighteen, Au Revoir Taipei and Bi, Don't Be Afraid

Best Short: Peggy Baker: Four Phases

Still Has Me Thinking: Film Concerto in Hanging Major

Most Inspiring: One Big Hapa Family

Favourite Program: On the Flip Side (Canadian Shorts)

Fullest Screenings: This year everything I went to was very full although opening night of Gallants and Toilet were the fullest.

Repeating themes: Identity, family and love were all explored and I was happy to see 2 films with awesome kung fu (Ip Man 2 & Gallants).

Funnest collective experience: Opening Night Gallants screening with the fantastic Team 2X Entertainment live performance.

Wish I hadn't missed: Redress Remix program and Suite Suite Chinatown.

Photobucket

The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival 2010 ran from November 9 - 15, 2010 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment