RSS

TIFF 07 Awards

The final day of TIFF was ballot free for the People's Choice award for which the results are in. Here is the list of awards for TIFF 07:

People's Choice Award: David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises

First runner up: Jason Reitman's Juno
Second runnder up: Ellen Spiro's Body of War

Best Canadian Feature Film: Guy Maddin's My Winnpeg

Funny side note on this one, as it was the last film I saw at a 8pm screening and in the regular preshow ramble it was introduced as "being elidgible for the Toronto City Award for Best Canadian Feature Film for which it just won..."

Best Canadian First Feature Film: Stéphane Lafleur's Continental, un film sans fusil

Best Canadian Short Film: Chris Chong Chan Fui's Pool

Discovery Award (voted by international media): Amelia Guzmán's Cochochi

Artistic Innovation Award: Anahí Berneri's Encarnaci

Prize of the International Critics: Rodrigo Plá's La Zona

See press release regarding awards here

A bizarre personal running trend I've found is that the awards tend to be films that I've not seen! This repeated itself this year with the exception of getting to see My Winnipeg. I will say that Eastern Promises did receive across-the-board acclaim from fans and critics alike.

Well those are the offical TIFF awards for 2007. I would have to say my list would be quite different, mostly becuase I saw only 1 film on that list at all. Stay tuned for my fave's of 2007.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment