RSS

DIY Entertainment Club

Photobucket

I actually got back a little bit to the original plan picking up a book this month as well as DVDs, but no CDs. It's odd how rarely I buy music I guess I like what I have and also for new influx of audio delights with podcasts. Film podcasts of course!

Les Boys - DVD
I've been looking for this film for ages, a 1997 French Canadian film that was a huge success and oddly hard to find! It's on my List of 101 Films I Can't Believe I Haven't Seen which I am trying to complete by December 08 and so in an effort to get to see it, the choice became clear: buy it! It's still on my 'to see' list.
(amazon.ca link)

Flash Point - DVD
I saw this for the first time at TIFF 07 and the director Wilson Yip was in attendance and the crowd went psycho over the fight scenes which showcase Donnie Yen, Collin Chou and others. Although in terms of tone and story it is not as strong as its non-prequel SPL / Killzone, it is still a lot of fun and the fighting is phenomenal.
(amazon.ca link)

The Elements of Style by William Strunk & E. B. White - Book
This pick is a total 360 from the rest, but I'm always looking for great books on writing, grammar and style. The collection would not be complete without it, as it is one book you just have to have. Although I will able to say tha twith more conviction after I've read it which is on that infamous to do list!
(amazon.ca link)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment