RSS

DIY Entertainment Club: May 2009

Photobucket

I was in sale heaven for my DIY Entertainment Club this month, on average I snag 3 DVDs with my monthly budget, on occasion I'll go for something more 'premium' (read: new and gotta have it) which lands me with 2 DVDs. But this month there were some crazy deals so I went for the 'filling in the gaps' of my collection, with a slant to epic films. In total: 4 DVDs and 1 Book. Would love to have more months like this!

Once Upon A Time in the West DVD
This is one western I'm looking to revisit as it made quite an impression on me at first viewing but it was pretty dark. The DVD is packed with extras, just packed. Plus it was on as a crazy deal for like $6.50.
amazon.ca link

Excalibur DVD
When I wrote my list of Un-traditional Valentine's Day Films I realized I do like Arthurian films, but I don't have a ton of them. That is now corrected!
amazon.ca link

Enter the Dragon DVD
Going completeist on Bruce Lee films, this was one of the titles not included in the Bruce Lee collection I got for Christmas.
amazon.ca link

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon DVD
At the crazy low price of under $7, this was a no-brainer to add to the collection. One of the most beutiful films ever, I could honestly just listen to it even though I wouldn't understand anything.
amazon.ca link

Twilight Directors Notebook by Catherine Hardwick
I *love* this book. Totally takes me back to art school & fashion school days seeing inspiration boards, shopping trips, concept art and the inevitable 'how we made it work' solutions.
amazon.ca link

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment