RSS

In the Loop

Dir: Armando Iannucci
Cast: Tom Hollander, Peter Capaldi, Gina McKee, James Gandolfini, Chris Addison, Paul Higgins
UK, 2009

Seen: August 28, 2009 at the Cumberland

Reason to see: Trailer looked hilarious

It's no secret that comedies aren't the films I run out to see. I find it usually them a combination of being offensive, boring and obvious. But if you make it a British comedy that is actually a political satire on UK/USA relations, then you've got me hooked. Oh Nelly, In the Loop is one hilarious movie. The language and wordplay are phenomenal, from pop culture references to creative swearing, all delivered at a break neck pace and with no delusions of politeness. The writing is fantastic and the performances are brilliant. I was falling out of my seat at time, because it is so over the top.

Plus, I have to give props that they aren't afraid to poke fun at Americans, something us Canauks are usually too polite to do. Bloody brilliant.

Shannon's Overall View:
I loved it
I'll buy it
I'd recommend it for anyone who enjoys good wordplay and/or British humour

10 minutes of preshow including 1 commercial and 4 previews: Coco Avant Chanel, A Serious Man, Taking Woodstock and The Burning Plain

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2009

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment