RSS

Films on TMN in November 2010

Must-See's

  • The Runaways - really stellar biopic centred two band members of The Runaways, and the casting and performances here are great with Kristen Stewart (Twilight) as Joan Jett and Dakota Fanning (The Twilight Saga: New Moon) as Cherie Currie. I really enjoyed the femme centric nature of the double female protagonist film that embraces the freedom & fun equally alongside the frantic & gritty time and situations.
Can-Con
  • Chloe - erotic thriller from Atom Egoyan starring Julianne Moore, Amanda Seyfred and Liam Neeson. Lovingly set and featuring Toronto as it's setting and from that perspective along it's fun to watch and point out all the familiar haunts. And the acting and tone is very good too :)

Biggies
  • Edge of Darkness - Mel Gibson stars in this eeriely different take on vengeance film that's cut from an older cloth that what I think we are used to in a CSI centric crime world.
  • The Bounty Hunter - couldn't pay me to see this Jennifer Aniston / Gerard Butler ex's and resistant to each others company rom com. Actually, I would watch it if you paid me - but only if you did.
My To See List
  • The Boys: The Sherman Brother's Story - documentary on songwriters for Disney tunes? Yep. I'm there. Trailers certainly looked charming and I'm looking forward to catching up with this one.
  • From Paris, With Love - I'ma little surprzied I didn't get out to this action/thriller in the theatre but it looked like it might be just over the edge of brutal. I loved District B13 / Banlieue B13from director Pierre Morel, but found Taken a little too harsh. But, my curiosity is piqued to see what trouble John Travolta and Jonathan Rhys Meyers get up to in this one.
  • Leap Year - sure the rom com looks extremely predictable but it also looks pretty cute and I love the cast of Amy Adams, Matthew Goode and Adam Scott.
Series
  • I know I already talked about both of them last month but with late October starts both In Treatment Season 3 and Durham Country Season 3 continue in November with new episodes on HBO Canada.
For the Twi-Hards
  • Looking to spot Twi-Stars? Along with the aforementioned The Runaways with the ladies of the saga, you can all check out the gents this month in Remember Me starring Robert Pattinson and Valentines' Day starring Taylor Lautner.
Mpix Pick
  • The Taking of Pellum One Two Three - starring Walther Matthau and Robert Shaw, this is an one absolutely fantastic heist drama centred on a subway train. The film is great overall and it features one of my favourite opening ever as it features the funkiest music that won't ever let you forget it came out in the 1970s.
These are just some of the highlights I've picked out of what is new this month on TMN. They have loads more titles and you can check them out all over at the TMN website.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment