RSS

District B13 / Banlieue B13

Director: Pierre Morel - directorial debut
Writer: Luc Besson, Bibi Naceri
Cast: David Belle, Cyril Raffaelli, Dany Verissimo, Bibi Naceri, Tony D'Amario
France, 2006

Seen: June 19, 2006 at Paramount

Reason to see: I wanted to see something after work, I like films Luc Besson is involved in, I am also attempting my #7 on my 101 list: See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. This is week 3/52.

I absolutely loved this film. I had a few choices on the table for what would make my pick this week and I am thrilled at the result. Although I will say I'm confused at the classification being "Sci-Fi". Very engaging, fun, exciting action/martial arts flick with great cast, choreography and music. Add to that witty dialogue, a pretty good story and a lot of high flying stunts its a totally winner in my book. I wish I had seen it sooner so I could see it in the theatre again.

Shannon's Overall View:
I really enjoyed it
I will most likely buy it
I highly recommend it for martials arts and action fans

Warning: Strong violence

This film made it on to my Favourite Films of 2006 list

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment