RSS

Les Boys

Dir: Louis Saïa (Les Boys II, Les Boys III, Les Dangereux)
Cast: Rémy Girard, Marc Messier, Patrick Huard, Serge Thériault, Luc Guérin, Michel Charette, Patrick Labbé, Pierre Lebeau, Michel Barrette
Canada, 1997

Seen: November 7, 2008

Reason to see: It's on my 101 list of films I can't believe I haven't seen.

I can see the appeal of the film to casual hockey players as well as fans of the sport. It follows a group of ordinary guys that play hockey once a week and dips into their personal lives and troubles as well. Overall it wasn't as good as I had hoped, I'm certainly not the target market but I could have made the leap save for the gender stereotypes. But, as it is in essence a film that centres on a hockey team I enjoyed the group dynamics, be they good, bad or tolerable. The film has some great performances including Rémy Girard as the team manager in trouble and Patrick Huard (Bon Cop, Bad Cop) as an enthusiastic salesman.

Shannon's Overall View:
I wanted to like it more
I'd watch it again
I'd recommend it people who enjoy playing hockey.

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2008

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment