RSS

DIY Entertainment Club - tail end of October

Photobucket

Wow, my last entry for this was back in July which makes it not feel very monthly. I guess at the time I wasn't ready to admit I bought the entire X-Files series, which was more than one month budget for they DIY, although I got it for a lot less than they are selling it for now!

No books or CDs this month so yet again I'm straying from the original plan, but that is ok because I do love film so much that I can't help myself sometimes! This month was mostly about getting some great deals and filling some gaps in the library.

Terminator - DVD
This was a library builder, I have many fond memories of this film. Now that I think about that, it's pretty odd considering it's rather violent and I was in either 9 or 10 when I used to watch it. My friends and I would watch it repeatedly on the eventually fuzzy VHS tape to see who was the toughest and able to watch each and every gory moment.
(amazon.ca link)

The Last Winter - DVD
As I mentioned yesterday I watched this one Halloween and was unfortunately disappointed that it turned out not to be the genre I was expecting. Creepy cover on the DVD though.
(amazon.ca link)

The Phantom of the Opera - DVD
I got this out of the library recently and was surprized how much I enjoyed it. Hearing the music will always remind me of my sister Suzie whom played, sang and played it some more. I bet if you handed me the sheet music and there was a piano nearby I could muster getting through a song or two myself. The movie felt very true to the spirit of the work, and it also felt like quite the magical (and rockin'!) world. I look to watching it often.
(amazon.ca link)

Barbarellla - DVD
At $6.99 it was impossible to pass up the campy fun that is Barbarella. I also picked it as that was my intended (albiet unused) Halloween costume idea. There is always next year!
(amazon.ca link)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment