RSS

DIY Entertainment Club / Star Trek / Trek-mas

Photobucket

For this month I've picked something a little special for my DIY Entertainment Club. Call it a Christmas Present to myself as well as research materials. It's the Star Trek The Motion Pictures DVD Collection. Every single one of the Star Trek films that have been released to date.

With the upcoming Star Trek film slated to release May 8, 2009 I've decided to revisit all the Star Trek films. Now, this is kind of strange endeavour as it starts with original crew but ends somewhere else, and the new film is a prequel with the characters of the original crew. I considered watching them backwards from Nemesis to The Motion Picture but I just can't do it. I've also written what the order in which I like the films from best to least, but I've sealed it up until I've watched them all again and reassessed. I'm very curious to see if my opinion will stay the same over time.

I'll be talking about the films up until the release of the new Star Trek in May. You are welcome to play along! If you don't have the films, there is a Trek-Mas Movie Marathon over at Space on December 25, 2008 showing each of the films starting at 6:30am EST. That is a lot of Trek. I'm going to savour them one film at a time.

I'll be starting with Star Trek: The Motion Picture very early in the New Year which will be accompanied by a schedule of a countdown of all ten films.

Merry Trek-mas to all!

Photobucket

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment