RSS

DVD Releases July 6, 2010

I like Tuesdays, because that's the day that new titles are released on DVD. So let's have a look at what's coming to DVD this week on Tuesday July 6, 2010.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo / Män som hatar kvinnor, and for the first time I've seen that the film is not available just on DVD but rather a BluRay/DVD Combo pack only (Amazon.ca only, it's available in either format through Amazon.com). Wow. I wonder if that will set a new precedent. Also interesting to note is that The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo / Män som hatar kvinnor is actually still playing in theatres here in Toronto, which is rather an impressive run as it was released here on Friday April 16, 2010. It's a great time to catch the film in either format as The Girl Who Played with Fire / Flickan som lekte med elden, the second film in the Millenium Trilogy based on the books by the late Stieg Larsson will be released this Friday July 9, 2010.

Award winning films hitting the shelves this week include Tom Ford's directorial debut A Single Man (vlog revivew) starring Colin Firth and Matthew Goode and the gorgeous Australian drama Unfinished Sky, a remake of The Polish Bride.

We also have the Canadian food fused drama Cooking with Stella (vlog review) set in India and starring Don McKeller, and the crime/action flick Brooklyn's Finest starring Richard Gere, Ethan Hawke and Don Cheadle and directed by Antoine Fuqua (King Arthur (2004), The Replacement Killers). I'm surprized I never saw that one, as I'm a fan of Antoine Fuqua's work.

TV on DVD this week includes Project Runway Season 7 which I think I missed - does it still get broadcasted in Canada anymore? Also the highly acclaimed UK series Life on Mars: The Complete Collection is now available and oh, boy - I would love to get my hands on that!

A few fun BluRay release this week include Jason and the Argonauts (1963), which I watched recently for the Sword & Sandals marathon and was happily surprized but the fantastic hero story with charming effects. Also on DVD is a Combo pack : Practical Magic & The Witches of Eastwick oddly branded as a 'Comedy Double Bill'. I can't technically disagree with that but I think I would have called it a witch double bill!


Titles on Amazon.ca(Canada):


Titles on Amazon.com (US):


Cooking with Stella not currently available on Amazon.com

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment