RSS

Tuesday Morning Munchings:

With the book firmly closed on TIFF'08 I've realized that it brings full circle for the festival circuit for me attending 9 festivals over the year. For this fun anniversary I've added all the reviews of films seen at festivals to various review list including all reviews, country and genre which brings the total reviews up to 350! Fun times. I've also added GLBT to the Film Genres.

While doing some research I ended up doing often past times: hyper-clicking though IMDb pages. It led me to this entry of Nine, a Rob Marshall directed version of Fellini's 8 1/2 starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Nicole Kidman, Penélope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Sophia Loren, Judi Dench, Kate Hudson and Stacy Ferguson. The film is currently in rehearsal stage set to start shooting soon and with an anticipated release date of December 2009. I know I'm excited!

Weekend Box Office Champ: Beverly Hills Chihuahua, or is it? Reading through my Google Reader I kept coming across articles stating the highest box office this weekend going to voice over furry friends in Beverly Hills Chihuahua. I found this a little hard to believe and after looking further into it discovered that this is not the case up here in the Great White North. Yep, the top of the box office chart for the Oct 3/08 weekend in Canada was Eagle Eye in it's second week (source: Tribute.ca). Honestly, I thought Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist would have been number 1. I've been tracking and comparing the US and Canadian box office off and on throughout 2008 and this is one of the few times that the top pick goes to 2 different films. The first time I noticed it was back in June when Wanted narrowly beat out Wall-E during their opening weekends in Canada.

What have you seen recently? I wrote yesterday about the films I've seen over the past two weeks. Check it out here.

Have high hopes for any October releases this year? Be sure to vote for what film you want to see the most on the sidebar to your right! -->

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment