RSS

Taking the Challenge: Lit Flicks & Companion Challenge

Photobucket

It's been a while since I've done a challenge and what could be better than a book & film challenge? This is the perfect challenge for me as I osgen read books when I know a film that it is based on will be released. In fact, back in Feb 08 I set myself some Film Homework: 2008 which included reading 2 books. I think this all started back when I worked at a bookstore where I was infamous for reading MTI's (Movie-Tie-In's).

Here are the details of the Lit Flicks Challenge from over at The Bluestocking Society:

RULES
1. Challenge runs from September 1, 2008 to February 28, 2009.
2. Read 5 books/pieces of literature that have been made into movies.
3. Then watch at least 2 of the movie adaptations of the works you read.
4. Your list may change at any time and may include overlaps with other challenges.
5. Sign up after you’ve posted about this challenge using Mr. Linky*
6. Check in here around the first of each month to find activities and giveaways for participants.
7. Link to your reviews and posts using the second Mr. Linky*
* see original post over at The Bluestocking Society to link work

Here are the 5 books I've chosen:
1. Memoirs of a Geisha (book review)
2. The Time Traveller's Wife
3. Choke
4. 1984
5. Eragon

Feeling like that is too much reading? You can check out the companion challenge over at Bitchin' Film Reviews which is to read 2 books that were made into movies and then watch 5 films, including the 2 that were based on the books. I'm going to do this one as well!

I've already started reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" and I'm really enjoying it. What a great way to start!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment