RSS

2011 Owned/Unseen Challenge

Photobucket

I'm a little surprized to be sitting here writing this post for the 3rd year running. Not because I didn't accumulate more owned/unseen films (will that ever happen?), but because I failed my 2010 challenge seeing only 11 of the 19 titles, which felt very discouraging.

Then earlier this week I came across a post it note on the side of my bookshelf that had a few of the titles from 2009 challenge that I had written down to see before the end of that year - and in 2009 I did complete the challenge. That reminded me of a few things:

1. Lists work.
2. Sharing that you'll do it, means you are more likely to do it
3. Deadlines make it more likely & manageable to complete tasks
4. Tracking and updating provides me with incentive to complete it

And a bonus: I'm not going to let one failed attempt dissuade me from trying again!

Looking back at the 2010 titles a lot of them weren't that awesome, which made me re-think picking stuff up, even if it was a great deal. That being said, many of these purchases were from Blockbuster closing sales, but what can I say - I'm a sucker for a sale, especially if there is an actor in there I like or the possibility of repeat-viewing goodness. Hopefully this year I'll fair better with the selections and have fun doing the challenge to boot.

Update: As of Sept 2011 I'm podcasting my way through the remaining titles in hopes to get through the list!

Films Seen : 12/17

Attila - seen (discussed on Movie Moxie Podcast #48)
The Broken - seen (discussed on Movie Moxie Podcast #49)
The Cake Eaters - seen (discussed on Movie Moxie Podcast #51)
Carriers - seen
Clean
Duplicity - seen (discussed on the Movie Moxie Podcast #52)
The Escapist - seen (discussed on Movie Moxie Podcast #50)
From Paris with Love - seen
Jennifer's Body - seen
Open Hearts
Red Riding Trilogy: 1974, 1980 & 1983
S.W.A.T. - seen
Sweet Sixteen - seen (discussed on the Movie Moxie Podcast #53)
Moonlight * - seen
Fringe: Season 1 * - seen and chatted about it on Hexed here

* for the first time I'm including TV on DVD, because it's the first time I've actually owned anything that I've not yet seen. I only need to watch 3 episodes of Moonlight that were unaired, but I'm hoping to catch up on all of Fringe for when/if Season 4 goes live as I feel like I missed the bus on that series and have been more into TV this year, especially with the launch of Hexed: Sisterhood of the Supernatural podcast that I co-host with my sister Suzie.

Fingers crossed this years unseen films are a good set to enjoy!
Photobucket

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment