RSS

Film Homework: 2008

Every year I seem to be faced with a few moments of hesitation to see films because they are a book to film adaptation when I've not read the book, or sequels/remakes where I've not seen (or it's been a long time since I've seen) the original.

This year, I am planning a pre-emptive strike! I'm planning my books to read and films to revisit well ahead the time to no longer will I be faced with those "I want to see that but..." moments. Here are is my plan so far.

New Film: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Homework: Prince Caspian: Return to Narnia by C.S. Lewis *
Estimated release date: May 16, 2008

I loved the first Narnia film, and hope to enjoy the second just as much. I only read the first book as a child so hoping to enjoy the series as it continues.

New Film: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Film Series: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Estimated Release Date: May 22, 2008

I think I might make a triple-bill weekend to get ready for this one. These films are by no means personal classics so re-watching is a must to get on the up-and-up for the Crystal Skull. My strongest memory of them was seeing Temple of Doom for my brother's birthday and that it really scared me, particularly one of the dinner scenes. After reading parental advisory link (contains spoilers) on imdb, it's pretty surprizing it was PG here. I'm sure now I'll be able to take it, or at least know when to cover my eyes.

New Film: The Road
Book: The Road by Cormac McCarthy *
Estimated release date: 2008

I have a friend whom said she read this all in one go at an airport, talk about the sign of a good book. After discussing it more, I decided I wanted to read it. At the time I had no idea it was the same author of "No Country for Old Men". Bizarre, I had no interest in that film at all but really want to read this.

I'm thrilled that all of these titles are available at the library (yay!). That's what will be keeping me busy here and there. How about you, any film homework in the works?

*book links are to amazon.ca (Canadian site)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment