RSS

Movie Moxie's The Summer of SciFi

Photobucket

Please note that the Summer of SciFi is on hiatus, see announcement here.

Yes, it's time. Time to take on a new marathon. After the epic 33 genres analyzed on the Movie Moxie Podcast I've decided to take a less lengthy, but still genre-centric marathon with: Movie Moxie's Summer of Sci Fi. That's right, it's time to open those pod bay doors and see what's out there.

Every week I'll be taking on a subgenre or microgenre of science fiction films and looking at it through reviewing and older and/or new theatrical release on the site & the Movie Moxie Podcast through June, July and August. Subgenres can including anything from disaster films to dystopic film, robots to aliens, time travel to space travel. Originally I thought it might be a stretch to get 12 weeks worth of minigenres but I actually have a list of 37 (an counting!) so far. It's going to be so much fun and there are so many great films to explore. I'm really looking forward to revisiting some classic science fiction (see header for hints) as well as enjoying many of the theatrical releases will see through the summer months.

Summer 2011 titles for consideration include: X-Men: First Class, The Tree of Life, Super 8, The Green Lantern, Captain America: The First Avenger, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Cowboys & Aliens. And although it's not likely that I'll be taking in Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon, but for the super-completist it techincally is science fiction.

When I'm back in town I'll be sharing more on the specifics, but I'll hint now that I'm a big fan of 70's SciFi, dystopic/uptopic SciFi, realistic & futuristic SciFi and of course aliens. Feel free to join me in watching along. I can't wait to get started!

Movie Moxie's Summer of SciFi - Delayed (see announcement):
Begins: Wednesday June 15, 2011 (revised)
Ends: Wednesday August 31, 2011

Reviews of 2011 Summer SciFi Films:
Super 8
The Tree of Life
X-Men: First Class

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment