RSS

Them!

Dir: Gordon Douglas (Stagecoach, Young at Heart)
Cast: James Whitmore, Edmund Gwenn, Joan Weldon, James Arness, Onslow Stevens
USA, 1954

Seen: February 2, 2008 on TCM

Reason to see: Classic monster movie fun!

I was impressed with this film. Expecting only a fun film, and there was so much more. Successful creation of tension that was almost Hitchcock like. A solid story backed by great characters, including a woman scientist which rocks considering it was released in 1954. And of course, there were monsters which is always fun! As a side note, I was surprized how many themes and ideas in the film that have popped up in other films including: Alien, Aliens, Men in Black and The Host / Gwoemul.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I'd watch it again
I'd recommend is as classic monster/sci-fi fun

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2008

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment