RSS

The Lookout

Writer/Dir: Scott Frank - directorial debut
Cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jeff Daniels, Matthew Goode, Isla Fisher, Laura Vandervoort
USA, 2007

Seen: February 9th, 2008 on TMN

Reason to see: This film seemed to get good buzz, and after watching
Brick, I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is one to watch.

I will admit this film wasn't quite what I expected, going in I thought it would be just another crime/heist movie. Although that is the setting I don't necessarily think that is the message . Are you going to accept the life that was dealt to you, or strive for more? Whose opinion will you take to heart? Who are really your friends, and what would you do or not do for them. I think these are much more interesting questions that a simple heist film would not normally go into. Loyalty is a common them in them for sure, but this brings something more. One thing it certainly brings is good performances from Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jeff Daniels and Matthew Goode.

Shannon's Overall View:

It surprized me
I'd watch it again
I'd recommend it

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2008

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment