RSS

For a Few Dollars More / Per qualche dollaro in più

Dir: Sergio Leone (A Fistful of Dollars, Once Upon a Time in the West)
Cast: Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Gian Maria Volontè, Klaus Kiniski
Italy/Spain/West Germany/Morocco, 1965

Seen: February 10, 2008 thanks to the Toronto Public Library

Reason to see: Western, and I loved Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The / Il Buono, il brutto, il cattivo which is part of the same trilogy

I know I continually refer to not enjoying films that are basically about people doing bad things for money but this one seems to me an exception. Considering the story follows bounty hunters, the film includes its fair share of violence and human indifference. That being said it has a strong story, fantastic characters and great interplay between those characters. Both Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef bring stellar performances with this film as men whom share the same goal, but little else. A classic spaghetti western which includes a chilling score, gunfights galore and great lines.

Warnings: Violence, some is quite disturbing

Shannon's Overall View:
I thought it was good
I'd watch it again
I'd recommend it to western fans

Side note: I almost didn't watch it as it was a dubbed in English VHS version. My preference is always to see films in their original language with English subtitles, and I hope to see this film in that way in the future.

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2008

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment