RSS

The Wild Bunch

Dir: Sam Peckinpah (Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, Major Dundee)
Cast: William Holden, Ernest Borgnine, Robert Ryan, Bo Hopkins
USA, 1969

Seen: February 10, 2008 thanks to the Toronto Public Library

Reason to see: Often labelled 'one of the best westerns', and it's #9 rated western on imdb

This is a Non-Review, as I turned the film off 17 minutes in.

I was very surprized that I turned off this film, I was looking forward to seeing it as I've enjoyed many westerns recently. This one was too harsh for my tastes and felt like a tale of bad people doing bad things. I do think it is a quality film with strong acting and successfully creates an atmosphere of tension, fear and trepidation. That being said, it also depicts horrific and inhumane actions from almost all of the characters be they the bad guys, the good guys and even children. That was when I knew it was not a film for me.

Warnings: Violence

Shannon's Overall View:
It turned me off
I'd not watch it again
I'd recommend it to people who like gangster-style westerns

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2008

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment