RSS

Murder on the Orient Express

Dir: Sidney Lumet (Dog Day Afternoon, Running on Empty, Before the Devil Knows Your Dead)
Cast: Albert Finney, Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman, Sean Connery, Vanessa Redgrave, Anthony Perkins, Michael York, Jacqueline Bisset, Jean-Pierre Cassel
UK, 1974

Seen: June 28/07 thanks to Mpix

Reason to see: This is the film I thought I was going to see when I saw Chungking Express / Chung Hing Sam Lam. Bizarre reason considering they are 20 years apart, made in different countries but I enjoyed both of them so it's all good.

What a delightful mystery this film is. Not being overly partial to the genre, I'm no expert but I love trying to figure out who did what and why. And the who's in this film were great - talk about a stellar cast, everyone is someone and it's so much fun to see them all together. Based on an Agatha Christie novel and set in 1935, this film is quite stylized and uses its restrictive setting of a train perfectly for building tension. As it is a mystery, I'll leave it to you to discover what happens and I can imagine you'll have fun doing so.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I'd watch it again
I recommend it as a great whodunit

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2008

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment