RSS

[2012.02.03] MEG LAM IS ASHAMED TO FACE OLDER BROTHER

courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

Meg Lam Kin Ming appeared on a Cable Entertainment News station program interview.  Because host Wong Man Ling has been a good friend for many years, Big Sister Ming did not hold back as she talked about everything from family tragedy, show business career rises and falls and depression.

Big Sister Ming revealed that while she was ill she lost all motivation.  She slept all day, did not brush her teeth or bathe.  She even thought about suicide but did not have the motivation to die.  Finally she went to sleep again.  Later she went for treatment and the doctor said that she was lucky.  If she had a little motivation she would be dead already.  Big Sister Ming's older brother had schizophrenia, which acted up in his 20's.  She felt very guilty and blamed herself when she mentioned her older brother.  She asked herself whether she did not treat him well and made her suffer.  She was coughed up as she said, "Mama only has one son, she loved him very much.  No one ever thought he would be like this."

As for joining show business, Big Sister Ming said that the goal was clear.  Before graduation she already thought about joining show business.  She said, "Because of my family background, I knew I wouldn't continue with school.  Thus as soon as I graduated I tried for the TVB artist training class.  Finally (Alexander) Fu Sing, Mai Shuet (Michelle Yim) and I became Shaw interns." After a year of training class, Shaw did not sign a contract with Big Sister Ming.  She went to try her luck at RTV, which even invited her to participated in the "Miss Beach pageant".  She ended up winning and rapidly became a series lead with Damien Lau Chung Yun.  Yet Big Sister Ming could not adjust to the "one take straight" television production.  After playing the female lead once she was set aside.  She continued to joked that she was not even "two against seven", only "three against seven".  At the time someone asked her to shave her head for a movie, she agreed right away.  The film became a big hit, as its Thailand box office even exceeded Bruce Lee's film.  Big Sister Ming admitted, "After completing the film, I could immediately buy a home and take care of my family."

Big Sister Ming's Great White Shark character from ENJOY YOURSELF TONIGHT was memorable, but actually at first she hated this character.  "Wow!  I had to play Chik Mei Chun's Ma, I was very mad; I deliberately turned myself from the best into the ugliest.  I had a great figure, so I wore a turtleneck.  My eyes were pretty so I wore glasses."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment