RSS

DVD Releases: January 12, 2010

It's a stellar week for DVD releases and let's start with two of my Favourite Films of 2009 hitting the shelves: Moon and The Hurt Locker. Honestly, they truly are two of the best films of the year and I'm not sure I could trust any 'best of 2009' lists that don't include both of them. More fantastic films getting their release include the 2 time Gotham Award winner Big Fan
and The Drummer which explores a graceful combination of self discovery while also being a crime film.

Already on the To See List
On top of all the fantastic films already mentioned getting released, there are tons out this week that are highly acclaimed and also have me very curious to see. First up is Oscar winner for Foreign Language film from last year with the Japanese film Departures, which I can't believe I didn't see at the theatre in it's really long run here. We also have the highly acclaimed You, the Living which I saw on several best of decade lists. I'm also very curious about Downloading Nancy, The Burning Plain and Amreeka.

Blu-Ray
Seeing Nine recently got me all misty eyed to see 8 1/2 again, and to all the Blu-Ray owners you are in luck as it makes it's DVD debut this week - and it's Criterion to boot!

I've Heard of That!
Popular titles this week include the musical Fame (2009), Rob Zombies sequel to redux Halloween II, coming of age comedy Post Grad and Tyler Perry's latest Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself.

Titles on Amazon.ca (Canada):


Titles on Amazon.com (US), if available:

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment