RSS

Anastasia

Director: Anatole Litvak (Sorry, Wrong Number <1948>, The Night of the Generals)
Cast: Ingrid Bergman, Yul Brynner, Helen Hays
USA, 1956

Seen: Aug 6, 2006 via Rogers Direct.

Reason to see: It's on my 101 list of films I can't believe I haven't seen.

Ah, the beautiful people.... Ingrid Bergman and Yul Brynner you really can't top that. After viewing this I realized I actually have seen it before... which techinally means I don't have to write about it! Oh well... I loved it from start to finish. I loved the characters more than the story itself, people with grace, intelligence and confidence. Also there was a feeling of mystery and je ne sais quoi, which was nice. Sometimes its nice to let the story unfold instead of been force fed each detail. Did I mention Yul Brynner is it?

There were a few things I found a little surprizing.. one being a sort of plot summary/commentary near the beginning of the film as well as someof the treatment of Ingrid Bergman's character .. I'm not sure you would see that in a current film.

Shannon's Overall View:
I loved it
I'll most likely buy it
I would recommend it

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment