RSS

Familia

Director: Louise Archambault (Atomic Sake)
Cast: Sylvie Moreau, Macha Grenon, Juliette Gosselin, Mylene St-Sauveur, Vincent Graton, Emily Holmes
Canada, 2006

Seen: Aug 2, 2006 at Cumberland

Reason to see: It's Canadian!! As well as being nominated for several Genies. As well as I am on my second attempting my #7 on my 101 list: See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. This is week 4/52.

Wonderful performances, I particularly enjoyed Macha Grenon. I love seeing Canadian film. This film has layers of very touching stories about family - traditional and non-traditional, from painful to playful. It looks at who we are, who we become, how we change and grow, what is important to one yet maybe not another and how people are when something important happens are all interesting facets that are touched on. A big thumbs up.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I will watch it again
I would recommend it

5 minutes and 6 commercials shown
3 minutes and 3 previews shown

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment