RSS

The Night Listener

Dir: Patrick Stettner (The Business of Strangers, Flux)
Cast: Robin Williams, Toni Collette, Sandar Oh, Rory Culkin
USA, 2006

Seen: Aug 9, 2006 at Paramount

Reason to see: I am on my second attempting my #7 on my 101 list: See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. This is week 5/52.

I think what I enjoyed most about this film was Robin Williams voice. I know that is probably an odd thing to say, but it is true. I find it strange that I don't believe I had a strong reaction one way or the other with this film but I have found myself thinking about it. Compelling story, good acting and 'inspired by true events'. Its kinda quiet, kinda creepy, kinda interesting.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I am not certain I would watch it again
I'd recommend it as a drama

Peeve: 19 minutes of advertising endured to see this 1hr21 min film:

10 commercials:
clothing company
cell phones
'manly' drink
sports company
stop smoking ad
car company
male body spray (never thought I would be typing that...)
milk
cell phone (same company as previously stated)
clothing company (same company as previously stated)

5 previews:
The Namesake
Employee of the Month
The Presitge
The Illusionist
Hollywoodland

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment