RSS

The Fountain

Dir: Darren Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream, Pi)
Cast: Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz, Ellen Burstyn
USA, 2006

Seen: November 24, 2006 at Paramount with Jamie

Reason to see: It's fantastical, sci-fi-y and from the director of Pi

A beautiful and ambitious film. Ethereal. I was worried that it might scare me, as some ethereal/fantastical stuff can sometimes but it was all good. I am always amazed when films can create such a strong mood, sometimes it was almost trance like. Hugh Jackman's performance is very strong and it was quite wonderful to see him in a difference role. The sound, as well as the music, was awesome. It really contributed to the mood and emotions of the film. It also explores some really interesting issues about life and also about relationships, and how different people experience the same situation in different way. I was very happy had the opportunity to see this one.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I'd watch it again
I'd recommend it, especially those interested in the blending of SciFi and spiritual. That being said fair warning for those who aren't into films that are kinda 'out there'

This film made it on to my Favourite Films of 2006 list

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment