RSS

In America

Director: Jim Sheridan (In the Name of the Father, My Left Foot)
Cast: Paddy Considine, Samantha Morton, Sarah Bolger, Emma Bolger, Djimon Hounsou
Ireland / UK, 2002

Seen: July 29, 2006 thanks to Rogers Direct

Reason to see: Its on my List of 101 Films I Can't Believe I Haven't Seen, received critical acclaim and has been recomended by friends.

Oh My Goodness. This is the best film that I've seen in a while. Very touching family story, one that really captures everyday life trials and tribulations. It also has one of my favourite things as well: unconventional relationships. Also, all of the actors are amazing. I don't even really want to say anything about it other than to go see it. Thinking of some moments still get me choked up.

Shannon's Overall View:
I loved it
I would watch it again
I highly recommend it - but have kleenex handy

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment