RSS

Les Choristes / The Chorus

Director: Christophe Barratier (Les Tombales)
Cast: Gerard Jugnot, Francois Berleand, Jean-Baptiste Maunier, Maxence Perrin, Gregory Gatignot, Cyril Bernicot
France/Swizerland/Germany, 2004

Seen: July 1, 2006 on TMN on Demand

Reason to see: It's on my List of 101 Films I Can't Believe I Haven't Seen, and received Oscar nomiations.

I quite enjoyed this film. I admit I am biased as I tend to really like French film and inspirational stories, but even when I put that to the side I still would have to say it is great film. It's amazing how many films that I initally would say are 'heartwarming' but then when I think about it more they actually depict some harshness. Maybe its the contrast that makes it work. I love seeing people willing to go against the odds, and give a chance to people who have been overlooked. I think that is why this film resonated for me.

Favorite Quote: Action, Reaction! (pretend you're hearing it in French though)

Shannon's Overall View:
I really enjoyed it
I would watch it again
I recommend it

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment