RSS

#10 - See the next 5 movies recommended to me regardless of what I think of them

This challenge brought together a crazy range of films.... Even though I've already got 5, and will consider this complete when those 5 are done, I thought it might be fun to continue to keep track. We shall see how this evolves.

Update: I've now completed this challenge. The most interesting insight to the challenge was that with the exception of one film (Jeremiah Johnson), all of the films recommended to me by men, I didn't like and all the films recommended to me by women, I did like. I'd hazard a guess to say that the women though I specifically would enjoy the film and the men liked it themselves therefore recommend it in general. Or, my tastes are more aligned with the women I know over the men - although I don't think that is the case. So, from gaining this knowledge I'd preface recommendations by asking specifically why, without telling spoilers, I would enjoy the film. That may be a challenge within itself!

1. Saw
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original) - mini review
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake) - mini review
4. Living in Oblivian - seen Jan 20, 2008
5. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, The
________________________________

6. Office Space
7. Waiting...
8. The Anniversary Party - seen
9. Life as a House
10. Jeremiah Johnson - seen
11. Goodfellas
12. An Unfinished Life - seen
13. Against All Flags
14. The Day After
15. Down by Law
16. Raise the Red Lantern - seen

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment