RSS

In the Heat of the Night

Director: Norman Jewison
Cast: Sidney Poitier, Rod Steiger
USA, 1967

Seen: March 18/06 on Mpix

Reason to see: on my List of 101 Films I Can't Believe I Haven't Seen

Wow, this really is as good as everyone says. Excellent story, amazing acting and interestingly enough it feels timeless in terms on theme however you can clearly pinpoint it to a particular place and time.

Although I thought I would end up posting movie reviews that included spoilers I just can't do it for this film as it is particularly centred around the plot. Thinking back to the best film class I took I would say you could argue that it could be classified as either a character study or based around a moral question.

"They call me Mr. Tibbs!" gooooooooooooooo Sidney Poitier!! Gotta love him.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I would watch it again
I would highly recommend it

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment