RSS

Step Up

Dir: Anne Fletcher - directorial debut
Cast: Jenna Dewan, Channing Tatum, Rachel Griffiths
USA, 2006

Seen: August 25, 2006 with Jamie at Paramount

Reason to see: Um... its a dance movie. AND... I am on my second attempt of #7 on my 101 list: See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. This is week 8/52.

Fun fun fun!!! Great movie, great dancing, music and chemistry between the two lead characters. I just don't think you can go wrong with the coming of age, 2 people from different lives/sides of tracks film that has dancing. Is it predictible? Yes. Does that matter? No! Its a fun ride and I would literally have been entirely thrilled to exit the theatre to line up and watch it again.

Shannon's Overall View:
I loved it
I'll buy it to add to my collection of dance movies
I recommend it to dance &/or coming of age movie fans

This film made it on to my Favourite Films of 2006 list

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment