RSS

Cheaper By the Dozen

Dir: Walter Lang

USA, 1950

This film had a profound effect on me. I don't think I knew what 'efficiency' was prior to watching it but I was very away of it after and ever since. The father is an 'efficiency engineer', I mean is that even a job anymore? What sticks with me the most is when he times how long it takes to button his vest from top to bottom, then from bottom to top. After which his bit 'A ha!' moment of now knowing which was faster so that he will save time and always button his vest this way. It takes logic to such a far extreme that it seems ridiculous. I love it. I love being efficient. I always take the sortest route to get somewhere or do some things in the 'correct' order just so I can do this. It totally influenced me to be the person who I am.

This film is included as part of The most influential films to me list.

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment