RSS

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Director: Richard Fleischer (Soylent Green, Conan the Destroyer, Red Sonja)
Cast: Kirk Douglas, James Mason, Paul Lukas, Peter Lorre, Robert J. Wilke
USA, 1954

Seen: July 29, 2006 thanks to Rogers Direct, as well ask when I was a kid

Reason to see: Nostalgia

I hadn't seen this film in many years. To be honest all I really could recollect was Kirk Douglas looking all buff in that striped shirt. I swore it was in black and white - but the version I saw this time was in colour. Seeing this as an adult it was a little less exciting/engaging. It's very Disney and I'll bet at the time the underwater effects were quite spectacular. They still hold their own though. The story is good as well as the acting. Its definitely a Sunday afternoon with popcorn kinda film.

Favourite Line: "Professor... professor!! I think we should check with the professor"

Shannon's Overall View:
I liked it
I'd most likey watch it again
I recommend it to fans of old adventure movies

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment