RSS

Signs

Writer/Dir: M. Night Shyamalan
Cast: Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, Rory Culkin, Abigal Breslin
USA, 2002

I think the fans of this genre have a clean split in opinion on M. Night Shyamalan. Those who like is films, and those who don’t. I, myself am a fan of his work. I think the comment that the films are too similar is really more reflective of the fact that there aren’t currently a lot of thrillers out there. Horror & gore-fest, yes .. but actual thrillers, not so much. I think Signs is a great film and it scares me every time I watch it, I think because of how accessible the situation is. Joaquin Phoenix’s acting in particular is in my opinion, one of the keys as to why this film works so well. Amazing tension building techniques as well as less-is-more philosophy make this thriller an edge of your seat viewing pleasure.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I'd watch it again
I'd recommend it

This film is included on my list of The Scariest Movies of All Time

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment