RSS

The Protector / Tom yum goong

Dir: Prachya Pinkaew (Ong-Bak)
Cast: Tony Jaa, Petchtai, Wongkamlao, Bongkoj Khongmalai, Xing Jing
Thailand, 2006

Seen: September 15, 2006 at the Paramount

Reason to see: I enjoyed Ong-Bak and I had time to kill between 2 festival films

It was completely surreal to go from seeing film festival films to this. There is some great fighting and action sequences, as to be expected, in this film. The story and setting I found to be surprizing. I had no idea there was an elephant in the film at all - and it was so cool! Gotta love animals. Unfortunately I looked in the credits but didn't see a 'no harm done to animals' credit. I'm really hoping I missed it when it went by. It was a little crazy though, sometimes it was subtitled, sometimes dubbed and there was even a part that looked more like a video game than a film. But, all in all I enjoyed it. Fun martial arts film, lots of feats, a fair number of bone crunching sounds, and did I meantion... and elephant?

Favorite Line:
"I'm looking for my family"
"What do they look like?"
"Elephant"

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I'd watch it again
I'd recommend it to martial arts film fans

6 commercials (bookstore/literacy, pop, music, tradespeople, pop, car)
5 previews (Grudge 2, The Marine, Saw III, Jet Li's Fearless, School for Scoundrels)

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment