RSS

February DIY Entertainment Club

Photobucket

Been a while since I've posted a DYI Entertainment Club, and to be honest I usually just buy DVDs but this month I snuck in a CD! It's a soundtrack, but it's still a different medium. And TV on DVD is .. like... almost different! The spirit of the club was to get a DVD, CD and book but I usually go with all DVDs. Let's see what this months haul ended up landing at my door. It seems like a bit of an eclectic month.

Battlestar Gallactica Season 4.5
This is the completist nature coming out to play. I had all other seasons and had a moment of panic that for some reason I'd forget to ever buy this one now that the series is over. Although that feels a little silly retrospectively, I'm lovely the comfort of the ability to watch the entire season any time I choose!

Black Dynamite
Dyn-a-mite! Dyn-a-mite! He's Black Dynamite! Oh my goodness, this is one of the funniest films I have ever seen and now I can say with confidence it holds up on multiple viewings. Actually, even on multiple viewing I was laughing so hard I missed some of the dialogue. The DVD is loaded with tons extra/deleted scenes and an commentary which I still have to get to listening. Make sure you see it as it's likely going to be the best blaxploitation homage, ever. And I mean that.

Hercules / Adventures of Hercules
I got this one purely for the Sword & Sandal Marathon, fearing I would be one film short. Which of course, since I ordered this I'm not. But, I'm very curious to see if this Lou Ferrigno as Hercules will match my memory of the film. I believe I've only seen the first one of the two films, but I won't know for sure until I watch!

New Moon Soundtrack
I was originally going to get this from the library, but I didn't want to wait through the 130 holds. With the DVD of New Moon coming out soon I realized one of the things I loved about watching the DVD of Twilight for the first time was recognizing the songs. Hoping that I might make the process of watching New Moon even slightly more enjoyable now than when I saw it in the theatre, I thought being familiar with the soundtrack might do the trick. Grasping at threads, perhaps but I'm looking for any angle to create an opportunity that I'll enjoy it. I do like some of the songs, like Possibility by Lykke Li and Hearing Damage by Thom Yorke, but overall it's not the same woohoo! feeling that I felt about the soundtrack to Twilight - but that took some time too, so I should really give it more of a chance.

You likely? You can start your own DIY Club and play along!

Titles on Amazon.ca (Canada):


Titles on Amazon.com (US):

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment