RSS

My Week in Film



As promised, My Week in Film returns and I'm trying something different turning this weekly post into a Vlog. Let me know what you think!

Topics Discussed, Notes, Links and Corrections:
-TIFF Coverage still in process, 4 posts to go
-My List of 101 Films to See (I only have 13 to go, list hasn't been updated in a while), it's a subset of my 101 things in 1001 days list which will end December 1, 2008
-I'm hoping to find The Killer, possibly through YesAsia
-[REC] at the Bloor as a part of Rue Morgue's Cinemacbre Movie Night, ran into Bob there (check out his [REC] review)
-Quarantine ([REC] remake) is scheduled for an October 10, 2008 release
-Fantastic Fest films that were online streamed: I Think We're Alone Now, La Crème, Rojo Red, Kingz and Treevenge (disturbing images)
-When I say 'ping factor' I meant bandwidth
-Upcoming viewing: A Sunday in Kigali (2007 Genie winner for best adapted screenplay) and High School Musical. From this week's regular releases I may check out SUKIYAKI WESTERN DJANGO again or possibly Appoloosa.

Toronto After Dark Film Festival 2008:
-Check out the Toronto After Dark Film Festival site
-My pre-festival coverage of the 8 announced films is here, including links to trailers and spoiler notations
-Let the Right One In is scheduled to be the Opening Night Gala
-The short film Treevenge has added to the line up
-Check out this vid of festival founder and director Adam Lopez filling in the [REC] crowd on what to expect this year. The remaining films will be unveiled Wednesday September 24, 2008

What was your week in film like?

Photobucket
The huge line for [REC] at the Bloor

Recent and soon to be seen films:
Photobucket

Recent purchases - got all three with change back from at $20 - woohoo!
Photobucket

Please note: unless otherwise specified, any events discussed were or will be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment