RSS

Dear Frankie

Director: Shona Auerbach (Seven)
Cast: Emily Mortimer, Jack McElhone, Gerard Butler, Mary Riggans, Sharon Small
UK, 2004

Seen: Aug 1, 2006 via Rogers Direct

Reason to see: I found the preview compelling

Heartbreaking and heartwarming, this is a great film about an unconventional family, which I will admit is something that really speaks to me. The secrets we keep, the white lies we tell to benefit ourselves or to protect others all come into play here. The created moments versus the real ones, which would you rather have? Is it ok to make those kinds of decisions for someone else? How does that change or perpetuate their world and your own. This film is a wonderful story with brilliant actors exploring these questions. I thought it was wonderful.

I would have to say that it is unfortunate that I watched this only a few days after In America as they are similiar in some ways and I believe I would have enjoyed it more if the two viewings were more seperate. That being said I still found it to be a great film.

Shannon's Overall View:
I loved it
I will watch it again
I recommend it (have kleenex on hand)

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment