RSS

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber (Terry Tate, Office Linebacker)
Cast: Vince Vaughn, Christine Taylor, Ben Stiller, Justin Long, Stephen Root, Alan Tudyk, Joel Moore, Chris Williams
USA/Germany, 2004

Seen: June 26/06 on TMN on Demand

Reason to see: It was exactly the amount of time I had to watch a movie, and the tracking on my tape of The Maltese Falcon was too messed up to watch it

Never did I think I would watch this film. Based on a game about hitting.. oh.. I mean 'dodging' balls. I should not underestimate comedies, this one really made me laugh. There is some stuff that is just plain silly/rude/slapstick but on the whole its... funny. It really is. I also didn't consider that technically you could call it a team sport movie, and once you throw in the whole underdog theme, I was totally there. I was also impressed by Vince Vaughn whom I tend to just not see his films, but in this he was believable, likeable and almost... endearing. Totally unexpectedly happily surprized.

Shannon's Overall View:
I can't believe I'm saying this... I enjoyed it
I may or may not watch it again
I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates goofball humour

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment