RSS

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Director: Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean, The Ring, The Mexican)
Cast: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly, Bill Nighy, Stellan Skarsgard
USA, 2006

Seen: July 23, 2006 at Paramount

Reason to see: It looked fun and I really enjoyed the original. Plus, it was my Bday and I wanted to go to a movie! As well as I am on my second attempting my#7 on my 101 list: See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year.This is week 3/52.

Sequels tend to worry me in general. Will it be as good as the first? Will it just rehash the first or only focus on what people liked? Shockingly I will be agreeing with most critics that this doesn't hold the wit and charm of the original. Wasn't hugely fond of the artistic design/styling, especially considering that you couldn't see a lot of it due to the dark/night-ness of a lot of scenes. I also thought there was a little changing of characters for convenience sake, which I'm never fond of.

Shannon's Overall View:
I thought it was okay
I'd watch it again, but not pay to see it again
I'd recommend it only as light adventure fair

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment