RSS

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Director: Scott Derrickson (Love in the Ruins)
Cast: Laura Linney, Tom Wilkinson, Campbell Scott, Jennifer Carpenter
USA, 2005

Seen: July 9, 2006 on TMN on Demand

Reason to see: I'm always intriged by the creepy films

To start, I feel compelleed to state the context of seeing this film. Sunday afternoon (I'm no idiot - I'm not gonna watch this at night), having lunch and watching this on On Demand (which you can stop/start rew/ff as you please). About 20 minutes in I'm thinking, this is pretty good I'm gonna keep watching but I want to make a tea. I hit pause. Nothing happens. Hmm that's odd. I hit stop. Nothing happens. I press the 'off' button. Nothing happens. I walk up to the cable box and turn the power off.. the film keeps playing. At this point I'm totally freakin out!! I turn off the tv make a tea come back and its still playing!! Aiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I had to unplug the power to get it to finally turn off.

Ok, so back to our regularly schedule review....

For me this was a good combo for a scary film because it wasn't 100% full on scare fest all the time. It allowed you to relaxed a bit as the story unfolded before hitting you with more creepiness! Its hard to say more without giving anything away so I will leave it at that.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
Hesistant on watching it again only due to scary factor
I would reccomend it to fans of horror, thriller or drama

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment