RSS

Waiting...

Writer/Director: Rob McKittrick - debut
Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Justin Long, Anna Faris, Luiz Guzman, Kaitlin Doubleday
USA, 2006

Seen: Sept 1, 2006 on TMN on Demand

Reason to see: Was recommended/mentioned to me by 2 seperate friends.

Ok... let me clarify reason to see as it was two GUY friends. Oh boy, I can categorically say this is a guy movie. I tend not to like to sub genre things by gender but I would be shocked if any girls liked this film. Quotes like may help to demonstrate my point: "Just because I dress slutty, doesn't mean I am slutty". Uh-huh. Sure, like someone would say that... I did enjoy Justin Long's (Galaxy Quest) performance and character, I would say for me it was the only redeeming quality to the film. The amount of time spent on describing and depicting 'the game' was really ridiculous and not interesting. Throw in some crass humour, people being mean and all beautiful girls being, working and flirting with (mostly) average guys and this is the result.

My favorite quote:
"I like my teachers. Cool guys, they all have moustaches"

Shannon's Overall View:
I laughed once, but I think it might have been due to bad editing
I will not watch it again
I'd recommend it to guys who like films with crass comedies

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment