RSS

X-Men: The Last Stand

Director: Brett Ratner
Cast: Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Rebecca Romijn, Kelsey Grammer, James Marsden, Shawn Ashmore, Aaron Stanford, Ben Foster, Ellen Page
USA, 2006

Seen: June 6, 2006 at Paramount

Reason to see: um.. Its X-men!!! Of course I'm going to see it!!! I am also attempting my #7 on my 101 list: See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. This is week 1/52.

I have to say I was really hoping for more. I loved the first two in the series, they were absolutely spectacular and really captured the essense of X-Men for me, I've been a fan for quite a while. Although when I thought about it after the fact I would have to say that they were techincally on with the story and with how the world of comics are. I had hoped for more character development, especially with the secondary characters. I also thought it copped out on its own morals. As a stand alone movie I think it would be enjoyable, but comparatively as part of a series I was dissapointed.

Shannon's Overall View:
I wanted to like it
I will most likely watch it again, although not with the love I have for the first 2 films
I would recommend it as a regular action movie

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment