RSS

Heavenly Creatures

Director: Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings, King Kong, The Frighteners)
Cast: Melanie Lynskey, Kate Winslet, Sarah Peirse, Diana Kent
UK / Germany / New Zealand, 1994

Seen: July 10, 2006 on VHS

Reason to see: I have it but hadn't seen it yet

Totally creepy. I had no idea this film was over 10 years old *or* based on a true story. Both Melanie Lynskey and Kate Winslet are amazing as oddball friends in this dramatic film. I think this is one of the cases where you know that its based on a true story not because you can feel how real the characters are but the opposite - they can be off the wall that you know that no one thought them up, and that they actually exsited. As this is a highly plot based film I will refrain from saying more.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I'm not sure I would watch it again, being fussy on re-watching dramas
I would recommend it, especially to those drawn to artsy-independant films

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment