RSS

An Inconvenient Truth

Dir/Writer: Davis Guggenheim (Teach, Gossip)
Documentary
Featuring: Al Gore
2006, USA

Seen: July 11, 2006 at the Cumberland

Reason to see: best of the choices at a convenient time, and I'm on my second try of #7 on my 101 list: See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. This is week 1/52 (try 2).

I wish I could just say that I liked this film. It was good, and it is an important issue and I hope it really helps everyone to see what is happening to the planet and everyone pitch in to make a difference. On the other hand, its very Americana. Canada wasn't even on the list of top offenders for this kind of thing (not saying we can't do our part or make a change for the better, its just kinda odd). It was also odd to see someone so well dressed and traveling the world by taxi, car, plane and helicopter to all these different sites (to speak and/or see the effects of global warming) and using a nice shiny laptop as well as cell phone when there is a regular phone in ther room. Most of the enviornmental types I know are more along the lines of folks who only wear cotton, buy fair trade coffee and smell of patchouli. But, I guess its good to that lots of people are interested and out there making a difference. Also, in contrast to some documentaries I've seen recently, it really did hold up as a film in it of itself. Very enlightening, well researched and very well presented. A very worthwhile see.

Official film site, which includes what everyone can do to make a difference here.

Shannon's Overall View:
I found it informative & interesting
I probably wouldn't watch it again, only as it its information based. Once ya got it, ya got it.
I would recommend it, especially to anyone interested in the world & enviornment.

Interesting to Note - Commercials & Previews

6 (!!!) Commericals total:
1 - missed it as I was a tad late
2 - beer
3 - 'manly' drink
4 - stop smoking ad
5 - car
6 - car
**huge irony with 2 car commercials shown prior to a film about raising awareness of global warming

4 previews:
Who Killed the Electric Car
Scoop
The War Within
Peaceful Warrior

This film made it on to my Favourite Films of 2006 list

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment