RSS

Superman Returns

Dir: Bryan Singer (X-Men, X2, Apt Pupil, The Usual Suspects)
Cast: Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey, James Marsden
USA / Australia, 2006

Seen: June 29, 2006 at Paramount

Reason to see: Initially I wanted to go the opening day just because I thought it would be fun, but I ended up going after work instead - I'm a sucker for things that are perfect timing. I am also attempting my #7 on my 101 list: See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. This is week 4/52.

I would compare this to a film like The Addams Family, a fair amount of the time you are going "That casting is perfect!" or "I love when they do this!" as it brings up a lot of things you recognized and remember and most likely feel nostalgic about. As a movie on its own I would say that I had hoped for more of an arch or plot (Did I just say that? Plot? What's come over me....). The casting was great, the acting was good and it was fun. I had hoped for more considering it was directed by Bryan Singer as I loved X-Men and it is a similiar genre but there was something that just wasn't perfect for me. I guess I'm more of a Marvel than a DC girl.

Shannon's Overall View:
I thought it was fun
I'll watch it again - on TV
I'd reccomend it to Superman fans, and as fun fare

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment