RSS

Some Like it Hot

Director: Billy Wilder (The Apartment, Double Indemnity, Sunset Blvd)
Cast: Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon
1959, USA

Seen: April 2006

Reason to see: Its on my List of 101 Films I Can't Believe I Haven't Seen, and when decided which films to see there were so many directed by Billy Wilder, but this one stars Marilyn Monroe so it made the cut :)

I find it so interesting when I watch an older movie where you now have seen similiar plot lines a zillion times and I wonder "Wow, is this where the idea came from?" That was my reaction to this film, for sure but I enjoyed it very much. It was definately a lot of fun to watch, with charming characters and great acting. It almost might be the first film I've actually seen Marilyn Monroe in and it is so refreshing to see a woman that looks like a real woman.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I would watch it again
I would recommend it

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment