RSS

Frankenstein (1931)

Director: James Whale (Show Boat, The Invisible Man <1933,>, Remember Last Night?)
Cast: Colin Clive, Boris Karloff, Mae Clarke, John Boles, Edward Van Sloan
USA, 1931

Seen: Aug 14, 2006 on Mpix.

Reason to see: It's on my List of 101 Films I Can't Believe I Haven't Seen.

I love watching older films. Especially scary ones.. I always try to figure out why they took a certain shot - was that the only way they could do it? Was it innovative at the time? Did they only have time/money/light for 1 so you see that 1 shot?

All that aside this is a fun horror flick. Its one that you see parts of it some many other places, and been re-done, re-make and re-vision so many times that it feels almost impossible to see it without a preformed opinion. But with a bowl of popcorn and the lights dimmed I thought I would give it a try. Atmospheric? Yep. Eccentric? Yep! Scary? Hm... it has its moments. I really enjoyed watching this one, I'm glad I put it on the list.

Shannon's Overall View:
I enjoyed it
I'd watch it again
I'd recommend it, especially for anyone who enjoy classic horror flicks

Return to Film Reviews

© Shannon Ridler, 2006

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment